Today in my podcast “This Freelance Life,” I talked about why its important to have a professional Twitter account and what it takes to get there. You can listen to the episode “Set up a Twitter account.” Its pretty short because, well honestly, it doesn’t take a lot to get a great account going!
A professional Twitter account will help you build your reputation, build connections and find clients.
Here’s your to do list.
- Your name/business name as your Twitter handle (please don’t use random numbers if your name is taken. Use a bit more creativity!)
- a 400 x 400px profile picture, which should either be your or your logo, whichever is more recognizable.
- a 1500 x 500px cover photo that has some promotional value to your business. Think branded text or photo. Remember this is the first thing they see so make it snazzy.
- Precise, catchy copy in the about section that accurately and succinctly describes your business. Business only. Don’t write coffee lover or wizard unless that is your business. And in that case, lucky you.
- Post a link to your business website. If you don’t have one of those, I will be talking about how to set your own business website up later this week. Subscribe to the email so you don’t miss a thing. I’m gonna get really in depth with it!
- First tweet – Introduce yourself/your business and what you will be talking about on Twitter.
- Pick three hashtags that are related to your business/market and implement them in your tweets!
- Follow industry leaders and relevant twitter accounts. 3-10 a day.
- Retweet content, but be sure that it is relevant to your market.
Got all that? I hope so. If you have questions, you can reach me @jessieseverin on Twitter. Use #ThisFreelanceLife and I’ll get back to you real quick.
Wanna dive deeper?
If you missed today’s podcast, you can listen to it here. For daily tips on how to grow our business and work smarter, interviews with fellow freelancers and in-depth tutorials, subscribe to This Freelance Life podcast.